Tonight on radio.electro-music.com 20:00-22:00 PM EDT, 00:00-02:00 GMT (Friday)
MflT Playlist 5-24-12
1. Faux Pas Quartet, Live improvisation – about 20 min.
2. dRachEmUsiK, jmtta, Onewayness and Urbster1, Live in Cleveland 5-19-12 – 20:00
3. Faux Pas Quartet, Live improvisation – about 20 min.
4. dRachEmUsiK, Live at Magnetic South, Bloomington, IN 5-22-12 – 20:00
5. Faux Pas Quartet, Live improvisation – about 20 min.
6. Onewayness, Live in Cleveland, 5-19-12 -20:00
The Historic Irving Theater
Present a First Friday evening of music and visuals
- When: Friday, March 2nd, 7 – 10PM
- Where: Irving Theater, 5505 East Washington St., Indianapolis, IN
- Cost: FREE ($5 suggested donation)
Music starts at 7! Performers will rotate 30 min sets.
Visual Artists: Ed Smith, Kelly Sheets, Crystal White
Video: Joe Howard
Entering it’s third year, The Indianapolis Electronic Music Group is thrilled to have found a new home at the Irving Theater. The performance on March 2nd will be the fourth in a series of bi-monthly First Friday concerts featuring new and unusual electronic and electroacoustic musicians, visual artists and video from the Indianapolis area as well as featuring musicians and artists from the USA and Canada. Musical styles include ambient, downtempo, chillout, Berlin school, noise, IDM and experimental. All performed in real time, on real instruments, by real people.
Get your Friday night off to a great start with good people, interesting new music, art and video!
- Charles Shriner
- IEMG Home Page
- press release on the web
- electronic poster
- poster for print
- Facebook Event
onewayness – Erie, PA
onewayness is Adam Holquist, an experimental electronic musician from Erie, Pennsylvania. He uses hardware and software synths, spoken word and field recordings, and a variety of acoustic and electric instruments to create atmospheric compositions which draw influence from vintage Berlin-school electronic music, minimalism, post-rock and contemporary electronic ‘listening music’.
[dREKKa] – Bloomington, IN
dREKKA is the work of Michael Anderson, along with an occasional rotating cast of characters primarily drawn from the Day2 Alliance (a community and collective of artists, labels, musicians and filmmakers which has been creating experimental folk and skewed pop masterpieces for almost a decade).
Colonel Panic and the Blue Screens of Death – Columbus, IN
Live experimental electronica with a touch of drums & bass and a hint of dubstep
Ed Smith recent works are mixed media collage painting that incorporate painted papers, journal pages and drawing with oil pastels.
Paintings and Handmade Arts & Crafts
Paintings and Handmade Arts & Crafts… with a twist.
“Music from last Thursday” Radio & Podcast #nerdhop
Tonight 20:00-22:00 ET, 01:00-03:00 GMT (Friday)
New live recordings of Angry Red Planet, Surreal Estate and jmtta with studio recordings by onewayness, Aaron Urbanski and Charles Shriner
Tune in http://www.electro-music.com/radio Join us in chat!
1. Angry Red Planet – Live at The Irving Theater, Indpls., IN – 20:45
2. Surreal Estate – Live at The Irving Theater, Indpls., IN – 27:10
3. Aaron Urbanski & Charles Shriner – Fall Equinox 2011 Part 1- 23:08
4. jmtta – Live at The Irving Theater, Indpls., IN- 31:53
5. onewayness – Droneworks 1, Chord Organ – 16:50